Monday, January 4, 2010

beedi – The Indian Cigar!

Schooldays are the most cherished days …& mine was Military School. Breaking the rules made the otherwise monotonous routine life interesting. If apprehended we never gave names …military school code of conduct.


During evening prep (study time) electricity cut was greeted with sighs of joy.


I during an electric cut walked to an adjoining house & met with a surprise!


My friend had managed to procure a beedi from the mali and with grand exhilaration lit it. I insisted upon him not to smoke the nasty stuff but he was unfettered.  Lastly I snatched it from him and dart out.


Bigger surprise awaited me. In the sprint I hit our AO (Administrative Officer) strolling on the road.


That instance everything conspired. In the importunate moment lights too came alive. I now in full glaze stood in company of the AO with the abysmal smoke emitting beedi burning bright red. Ironically neither could I explain nor confess!


Need me to elucidate the military style lambasting I had to bear for the next hour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers