Friday, October 30, 2020

“Bhagwan jab bhi deta hai chappar … … ..” ... An unlikely seafarer!

 “Bhagwan jab bhi deta hai chappar … … ..” …an hindi saying!

 

I hail from the enchanting hills of Kumon. Himalayan ranges in the holy land of Uttranchal (now a political state).

 


My childhood was well spent in the remote lands of Arunanchal and Kashmir. That how I got a penchant for trekking.

 

Schooling brought me from the cool hills to the hot desert land of Rajasthan. 



While I was in hostel my family had the opportunity of visiting Mumbai and witnessing the sea. They would narrate the sea experience with oceanic excitement to draw my fascination towards the sea. 



Sea looked dauntlessly thrilling watching pictures of Goan beaches, Baywatch and hindi movies…!

 

Only a few had travelled to any coast in their lifetime in my hometown. I wondered if I would ever see the sea.

 


So now when I look back with almost two decades of ocean venturing.

 

I believe in what is said, “Bhagwan jab bhi deta hai chappar … … ..”

 

Hope u 2 believe in it … at least by now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers