Friday, October 30, 2020

Life is only as good as you feel.

It’s been almost 12 weeks at the west coast of India. 

People from all over the world are here in this American Barge. Now I am working with Singaporeans. It’s a cheerful company. 



We've youngsters seeking big money in offshore jobs & old timers who know the sea as the back of their hand yet miss their families. 

There are some too old who still come back to sea for they have no company back home and find solace on job. Sea is all they share a familiarity with!

 

I'd been at sea quite long so it’s an easy job with good money.

 


First the job kept being postponed, getting us to stay at some nice hotels & awesome holiday resorts in Chinnai & Puducherry. 

 



Now the job just keeps getting extended.

I hope to be on land by mid of April. In all these weeks I have again gained 15 pounds in weight. 

Now I have commenced an hour of swift walk, little yoga & few exercises to be able to fit in my clothes which already have become a bit difficult.

 




At sea reading is a pleasure. 

I concluded ‘Shantaram’ by Gregory David Roberts. The thick biography tells what good nature Indians posses and how badly corrupt is the Indian system. 

Now I’ve begun with an autobiography ‘Iacoccoa’ by Lee Iacocca.



I’ve watched a couple of good movies on my laptop – Mel Gibsons’ what women want (***) & Payback (*), Sylvester Stallone’ Demolition Man (**), Anger Management (*), Brad Pitts’ Meet Joe Black (-) & Oscar winner Little Miss Sunshine (*).


So when you are making decent money, reading books & watching movies- Life is good! Oh! 



There is other part of the coin too…. monotonous life at sea, wakeful nights…. Life is only as good as you feel it to be. 







Catch up with more stories later. Cheers!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers