Friday, October 30, 2020

If we do not find anything very pleasant, at least we shall find something new. …Voltaire.

 If we do not find anything very pleasant, at least we shall find something new. …Voltaire.

 



It had been with such an idea that I set myself for the kind of life I live…. Going places & being at sea. The life at sea sounds fascinating to many because of the adventure involved in the beauty and harshness of the ocean.

 

It has been 17 years since first I sailed & it was not a joy ride. Trust me! When you are sea sick in midst of a rough sea … to be dead feels like solace. As people after accidents don’t stop to drive & so the voyages go on.

 

It had been five months since I had last been to the sea and being a seafarer, it made me feel uneasy.

 

Everyone in office would ask, “when r u going to field (officially means sea)”.

 

I was glad to set foot in the ferry boat. I was the lone passenger to go to the crew boat ABS Thor at Mumbai anchorage.

 




There were half a dozen white passengers sleeping over the seats under the blankets. I was surprised to know that they boarded yesterday night at 11.

 

Someone didn’t want them to be in hotels in Mumbai on 2611 as last year saw the worst terror attack in Mumbai on this fateful day.

 

Five hours of wait and seventeen hours of sailing in the speed crew boat saw me in barge Smit Bornio. Life is good onboard!

 


 

Making a living at sea entails adaptability & endurance.

 

However, it calls for a lot more patience to writing … so please grant me yours leave now. Catch up with u soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers